Guelph Arboretum Spring Engagement Session
Elise & Jordan’s Guelph Arboretum engagement session was so bloomy and lovely, I’m not sure why I didn’t blog it sooner! So many flowers were on display for us allowing us to all frolic around & enjoy the beautiful colours. They were the stars of their own show during their session. They let loose, chose to have fun, and be themselves in front of the camera. It was so easy to photograph them and we had such a blast wandering around to each new bloom filled tree.
How I approach my engagement sessions
When approaching engagement sessions with my couple I love sending out a questionnaire to dive a little deeper into their relationship. This usually reveals some cute facts about themselves like what they love about each other and knowing all about their perfect Saturday. Asking Elise & Jordan about where they might envision their engagement session revealed that they wanted to go to the Guelph Arboretum at the University because that is where they met! One option I love to encourage is to have your session somewhere meaningful and authentic to you as a couple. You’ll be able look back on these photos with even more fondness over the years.
A few tips for your spring sessions!
I’ve got a few tips for your spring engagement session so bookmark this page if you want to check back later!
- Make sure you are wearing something you are comfortable in and that you feel accurately represents you. You’ll feel great in front of the camera and this will show! Don’t forget to bring something to keep you warm just in case. Spring sessions can be very cool.
- Choose a spot that is meaningful to you, or ask your photographer for a cool spot to go to – we know plenty!
- Think about your footwear! If you’re having an outdoor spring engagement session it’s more than likely that there could be mud, puddles & soft grass. Wearing good sneakers, flats or wedges if you’re wearing heels, will ensure you’re not caught off balance. You’ll also be able to get closer to the blooms & fun spots for cool photos!
- Always bring bug spray. Always. There is nothing worse than getting those early season mosquito bites that swell up and ruin your flow of energy during your session. If you forget though, chances are I have some with me!
- Have fun! I’m there to help you to remember to have fun, not take it seriously and just BE. That’s when I can capture your authentic self & your true spirit!
These two did just that and here are the photos to show it!
Top 10 tips for the Perfect Engagement Session - Caitlin Free Photography[…] Guelph Arboretum Engagement Session […]